The Community Action Agency will accept public comments as required by the Michigan Department of Human Services CSBG State Plan for FY 2022. Public comments will be accepted on the CSBG FY 2022 proposed plan to be administered from August 15, 2022 to August 26, 2023.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development 2022 Continuum of Care Program Application is available. Eligible organizations can apply for Continuum of Care Program Funding through the esnaps system.
The Veteran Housing and Information Specialist is a full-time (35 hrs./week) AmeriCorps service opportunity located at Community Action Agency (CAA) in Jackson, MI. The service opportunity begins October 3, 2022 and ends September 29, 2023.
The MSHDA Covid Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) online application portal is closing June 30th at 9:00 p.m. Eligible Michigan renters and landlords should apply as soon as possible before the deadline.
Assistance with past-due water bills for income-eligible households.
UPDATE: Rent & Utility Assistance Still Available Through The CERA Program For Renters Who Are Behind on Rent Due to COVID Hardship
*NOTE: The MSHDA Covid Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) application portal is closing at 9:00 p.m. on June 30, 2022. The Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) recently announced updates
Get your tax returns done for free with VITA at Community Action Agency if your household income is less than $57K.
2022 News Articles
- VITA Program Offers Free Tax Return Preparation For Eligible Residents – Jackson 01/20/2022
- CAA Offers Supportive Services for Veteran Families – Lenawee 01/23/2022
2019 News Articles
- Project Ramp Continues to Help Break Barriers – Lenawee 11/06/2019
- Lenawee County Understanding Impacts of Trauma – Lenawee 11/01/2019
- Grant to Help with Lead Abatement – Lenawee 10/27/2019
- Health Check Returns Thursday – Lenawee 10/22/2019
- CAA Offers Housing Services for Veterans – Lenawee 05/12/2019
- Budgeting Workshop Postponed until April 16 – Lenawee 3/23/2019
- Making Connections – Lenawee 02/21/2019
- CAA Offers Financial Stability Classes – Lenawee 02/05/2019
- CAA Offers Budgeting Classes – Lenawee 02/04/2019
- Things You Need to Know Today – Lenawee 11/13/2018
- CAA, Huntington Host Small Business Seminar for Vets – Lenawee 10/28/2018
- Local Agencies to Host Health Across Lenawee – Lenawee 08/15/2017
- CAA Awarded HUD Grant – Lenawee 07/14/2018
- HCCF, Grants Awarded from Field of Interest Funds – Hillsdale 06/21/2017
- HCCF, Summer Grants Awarded – Hillsdale 06/20/2017
- CAA s Veterans Blitz Seeks to Help Homeless Vets – Lenawee 05/20/2017
- Helping Michigan Families Bridge the Gap Page 1 – Lenawee 05/13/2017
- Helping Michigan Families Bridge the Gap Page 2 – Lenawee 05/13/2017
- $842,000 given by United Way to combat poverty – Jackson 04/24/2017
- Local Workshop Focuses on Getting Ahead – Hillsdale 04/08/2017
- Community Action to Host Getting Ahead Program – Hillsdale 04/01/2017
- Health Department Hands Out Certificates of Excellence – Hillsdale 03/27/2017
- Everyday Heroes: Local Groups, Individuals Honored for Heroism – Lenawee 03/22/2017
- Walk 4 Warmth on Saturday – Lenawee 02/17/2017
- LDA Teams Up with CAA to Offer Free Help with Income Tax Filing – Lenawee 01/27/2017
- Project Homeless Connect Benefit Draws Large Crowd Page 1 – Hillsdale 01/25/2017
- Project Homeless Connect Benefit Draws Large Crowd Page 2 – Hillsdale 01/25/2017
- Local Tax Assistance – Hillsdale 01/23/2017
- Community Action Agency Offers Homebuyer Class – Lenawee 01/16/2017